themarcdog-deactivated20121212 asked: Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a Ferrari Boyz redux.
I don’t particularly like Ferrari Boyz, but that doesn’t mean that Gucci and Waka couldn’t have made a good album if they went more than a week working on it, so I put together a track listing* of what would have been a more entertaining and sonically varied Ferrari Boyz. I have tracks from 2009 to the actual Ferrari Boyz, as honestly Gucci and Waka are not the best rap duo so it was a bit of searching to find enough worthy songs. The first couple tracks is an underused idea of having two great album openers start the album off twice; the next cluster of songs is a good run through the different style running through Bricksquad the last few years and another Keith Sweat reference (that is number two for those keeping count); then the album closes on obnoxious too loud Bricksquad fuck-up-a-club music (Yes, “2 Deep” is still the best song ever).
*Disclaimer. I don’t feel like making a mediafire file for this (you don’t want just some DJ tagged up songs thrown together anyway), so here is a Spotify playlist for it here. And the tracklisting is below.
Ferrari Boyz Redux (2):
1. “Them Boyz Ain’t Right” (from Bricksquad Mafia)
2. “Ferrari Boyz” (from Ferrari Boyz)
3. “Hottest Rapper” (from The Movie Part 2- The Sequel)
4. “Bingo” (from The State vs. Radric Davis)
5. “Stoned” (from Ferrari Boyz)
6. “This is What I Do” (from The Return of Mr. Zone 6)
7. “Mud Muzik” (from Ferrari Boyz)
8. “Tag Team” (from Salute Me or Shoot Me 3)
9. “Brand New” (from Salute Me or Shoot Me 2)
10. “You Know What It Is” (from Mr. Zone 6)
11. “What You Reppin” (from Salute or Shoot Me 2)
12. “2 Deep” (from DuFlockaRant (10 Toes Down))